Albert Victor Griffiths known as Archie moved to the village of Felinfach in the early part of 1925, working as a wheelwright, general builder and undertaker from a small rented shed, repairing farm carts, general repairs to properties and making coffins, trades which he had learned through a local builder and undertaker.

 

Archie married a local lady from Brecon, Gertrude May Walters known as Olive, living in the house next door to The Plough and Harrow in Felinfach, they had one son Colin, hence the name of the company as it is known today as A.V. Griffiths & Son.

 

In 1944 the business moved to the present address at Delfan and over the years has been improved to provide a Private Chapel of Rest, Viewing Room, Family Room, Disabled access, Office and garaging for Hearse and funeral vehicles.

Now in our 3rd and 4th generation as Independent Funeral Directors, the Griffiths family pride themselves in offering a high standard of personal care to families, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, where we can organise Church or Chapel services, a Service at a Crematorium of your choice, Vicar, Minister or Humanist Celebrant for a non religious service, order of service, Obituary Notice, family flowers, family viewing at Chapel of Rest, refreshments, mourners cars, horse drawn carriage, motorbike hearse, prepaid funeral plans and green burials.

 

NAFD_logo